Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ode to 2008

A variation on "My Favorite Things"....

Patriots blow a SO perfect season
Real estate markets collapse for some reason
Fannie and Freddie and Barney and Dodd
Madoff's exposed as a rob-the-rich fraud

McCain and Obama run a strange race
Media bias a slap in the face
Caribou Barbie riles up the crowds
Wright hates the US and yells it out loud

Terrorists, Pirates, and Hurricane Ike
Joe asks Barack all about his tax hike
Iran's getting Nukes and Putin's real cranky
Edwards the Hypocrite likes hanky-panky

Meltdown on Wall Street, $700 billion bailouts
Bush and Congress, OMG they're such sell-outs!
Mumbai and Plaxico, where does it end
Dems are UAW's very best friend

GM and Chrysler and Ford all with their hands out
Blagojevich puts Senate-For-Sale out
Gas and oil prices go through the roof
Kenyan Obama won't show us the proof

When I watch stocks fall, and more bailouts,
and I'm feeling mad
I simply remember I'm not going insane
And then I don't feel so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny!