Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Classless Masses

I wonder if Michelle Obama thought the Americans who derided President Bush and Laura on their way out of DC yesterday were "downright mean"? Do ya' think? Chanting "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey good-bye" as the President and his wife ascended the dais to depart the capital via Marine One, the gatherers on the West Side of the Capital demonstrated the complete lack of respect and childishness which defines so many liberal thinkers. Where does that kind of hate and disrespect come from? I don't like Obama's policies, and believe him to be a charlatan, but he is the President of the United States, and the office is to be respected, no matter what one thinks of the man who holds it. The same holds true for Bush. Shame on them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the event from 11:00 a.m. to about 12:30 p.m. on CSPAN to avoid blowhard commentary from some liberal anchor. (I didn't the get the "all-important" factoids, either.)

I wanted just the images so I could form my own opinions.

I fully expected to hear boos when President Bush was walking out onto the dais, but I didn't hear anything on CSPAN. (They must have filtered out the booing.)

When I found out later that there was booing and disrespectful behavior, I wasn't surprised.

While not all Democrats are classless, most liberals seem to be.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Mad Mom said...

I think you're onto something there.

Although I should have watched for observational purposes like you, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I figured every tidbit would be replayed ad nauseum anyway. Which it has. Well, now it's time to get down to business. Let's see what he does.

Anonymous said...

You mean the booing like the McCain supporters did when McCain came out to announce his defeat? Yeah, very respectful.